Individual Student Reports
No individual student scores are reported on the Internet. The test results for individual students are available only from the school district or school where the student was tested. Individual student scores are confidential and may be reviewed only by students' teachers and parents/guardians. Scores are printed on STAR Student Reports, which each school district must forward to parents/guardians within 20 working days of having received the reports. Most parents/guardians should receive their children's test results no later than the middle of September. Individual student scores for each of the tests in the STAR Program (i.e., the California Standards Tests, the California Modified Assessment, the California Alternate Performance Assessment, and the Standards-based Tests in Spanish) are printed on separate STAR Student Reports.
The reports on this Web site provide results for each of the tests in the STAR program at the school, district, county, and state levels. To protect student privacy, asterisks appear on the Internet reports when ten or fewer students had valid test scores.
Note: Information about the 2010 STAR Reports is specifically related to the 2010 STAR results. For information about previous years' STAR results, see http://star.cde.ca.gov.
Subgroup results are available for the:
- California Standards Tests (CSTs)
- California Modified Assessment (CMA)
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) - Due to the small number of students assessed with the CAPA, data will be unavailable for some subgroups.
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS)
- English-language fluency
- Economic status
- Disability status
- Parent education
- Participation in special programs, such as Gifted and Talented
- Ethnicity for Economically Disadvantaged
- Ethnicity for Not Economically Disadvantaged
Help with printing the reports can be found at Printing Results.