About STAR 2008
Individual Student Reports
No individual student scores are reported on the Internet. The test results for individual students are available only from the school district or school where the student was tested. Individual student scores are confidential and may be reviewed only by students' teachers and parents/guardians. The California Standards Tests and California Achievement Tests, Sixth Edition Survey scores are printed on STAR Student Reports, which each school district must forward to parents/guardians within 20 working days of having received the reports. Most parents/guardians should receive their children's test results no later than the middle of September. Results for students assessed with the California Modified Assessment, California Alternate Performance Assessment, and the Standards-based Tests in Spanish are on separate reports.
The reports on this Web site provide results for each of the tests in the STAR program at the school, district, county, and state levels. To protect student privacy, asterisks appear on the Internet reports when ten or fewer students had valid test scores.
Note: Information about the STAR 2008 Reports is specifically related to the STAR 2008 results. For information about previous years' STAR results, see http://star.cde.ca.gov.
Subgroup results are available for the:
- California Standards Tests (CSTs)
- California Modified Assessment (CMA)—Grades three through five
- California Achievement Tests, Sixth Edition Survey (CAT/6 Survey)—Grades three and seven only
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA)—Due to the small number of students assessed with the CAPA, data will be unavailable for some subgroups.
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS)—Grades two through seven
- English-language fluency
- Economic status
- Disability status
- Parent education
- Participation in special programs, such as Title I or Gifted and Talented
Select here to view the Aprenda: La prueba de logros en español, Tercera edición (Aprenda 3) reports and a description of the associated reporting subgroups.
Help with printing the reports can be found at Printing Results.