STAR 2002 Reports
No individual student scores are reported on the Internet.
Individual student scores are confidential and may be reviewed only
by students' teachers and parents or guardians. The California Standards
and Stanford 9 Test scores are printed on STAR Parent Reports that
school districts must forward to parents/guardians within 20 working
days from when they are received in each district. SABE/2 results
are reported on Home Reports. Districts are also required to forward
these to parents/guardians within 20 working days of when the reports
are received in each district. Most parents/guardians should receive
their children's test results no later than the middle of August.
The test results for individual students are available only from the
school or district where the student was tested.
Schools receive a second copy of the STAR Parent Report. Teachers
can use these reports to help identify individual student's strengths
and weaknesses on the California Academic Content Standards.
In addition to the Internet reports, schools and districts receive
reports that summarize how groups of students' performed on the
tests and score labels to insert into students' permanent records.
The STAR parent, school, district and county reports include more
detailed information than is reported on the Internet. This is to
provide information that the schools can use to evaluate the effectiveness
of various aspects of their instructional programs to determine
if supplemental materials and/or methods should be considered to
help improve achievement on California's Academic Content Standards.
In order to do this student, school and district reports include
information about student performance on strands or clusters of
the academic content standards, as well as the scaled score and
performance standard results.
To protect student privacy, asterisks appear on the Internet reports
whenever 10 or fewer students had valid test scores.
NOTE: Portions of "STAR 2002 Reports" are specifically
related to the STAR 2002 results. For information about previous
years' STAR results, see "About the Scores" for the year(s)
California Content Standards and Stanford 9 reports are available
at the state, county, district, and school levels for the following
- All Students
- English Learners or ELs (limited English proficient students)
- who were enrolled in California public schools less than
- who were enrolled in California public schools 12 months
- English Only and Fluent-English Proficient Students
- Economically Disadvantaged Students
- Non-Economically Disadvantaged Students
- Students Receiving Special Education Services
- Students Not Receiving Special Education Services
- English Learners Tested with Accommodations
- Students Receiving Sp Ed Services Tested with Accommodations
These reports include:
- California Standards Test results for all students tested except
for students who were administered tests for grade levels other
than the one in which they were enrolled.
- Stanford 9 results for tests administered with no accommodations
including tests that were one year below students' grade levels.